Yogas generally manifest different traits in a native and it may produce fortune (or) misfortune. Fortunate combinations are called yogas and the misfortunate are Arishtas. The yogas can generally be divided into three categories
Raja Yoga → Giving rise to political power, position and fame
Dhan Yoga → which bestows wealth and gain
Gnana Yoga → which bestows knowledge and wisdom
We will try to see some of the important Raja Yogas as said in Phala Deepika written by Saint Mantreswara. Some of the Yogas are as below
- If three or more planets are in own sign and exaltation then the native will be equal to a King. Even one born in ordinary family will rise up to be a King
- If planet is retrograde and not combust or in Dusthana, then the native will be equal to King
- If two or more planets attain Digbala, then the native enjoys Raja Yoga. If there are four planets with Digbala, even a person born in ordinary family becomes a King
- When Lagna and Moon be in Vargottama and aspected by four planets then the native enjoys Raja Yoga
- If the Lord of the Lagna is in Vargottama is posited in Kendra or Trikona in its own sign (or) exaltation, then the native becomes a King.
- If Mars is posited in Aries and aspected by a benefic planet, then the native becomes a King. If there is exchange of houses between 9th and 10th Lord, then the person will become a King extolled by all.
- Saturn is capable of conferring Raja Yoga if it were to rise with ascendant in the signs of Libra, Sagittarius, Capricorn and Aquarius.
- If Moon attains Vargottama and aspected by a strong planet and no malefic posited in the Lagna Kendra, then the native is royal.
- If the benefics namely, Jupiter, Venus and Mercury are posited in the 9th with brilliant rays, then the native becomes a King.
- If Venus is exalted with Jupiter, Saturn also exalted and full Moon aspects Sun and Mars posited in Aries, then the native becomes a King with a large army.
- The birth should be
- In the night
- Libra lagna with Moon in 10th house
- Benefics in depression in 3,6,11 (or)
- Benefic in exaltation or kendras, uneclipsed
then the native will be ruling the three worlds.
- If Jupiter and Moon are in Kendra aspected by Venus, then the native becomes a King.
- The following will be five Yogas as per Phaldeepika.
- If Venus is aspected by Jupiter, then a native born in royal family becomes a King
- If Jupiter in Lagna other than Capricorn, the native becomes a King with elephants
- If the Lord of Lagna, strong and posited in Kendra, the native will live like a King
- If Mercury with full strength posited in a Kendra and aspected by Jupiter, then native becomes a royal or a King
- NEECHA BHANGA
- The Lord of the debilitated sign or the planet that is exalted in the sign should be in Kendra from Lagna (or) Moon
- The Lord of sign of debilitation and the Lord of the exaltation sign or the debilited planet should be in mutual Kendra
- The planet debilited is aspected by the sign Lord
- If the Lord of debilitation sign and Lord of exaltation sign of the debilitated planet are in a Kendra from Moon (or) Lagna
- If the planet is in his sign of debilitation is in a Kendra from Lagna (or) Moon
There are various other Yogas which are enumerated in Phaldeepika but might occur most often. In today’s parlance, there is no concept of King so it should be interpreted in terms of power, position, influence and wealth.
Namaste astu Bhagavanh Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Tryambakaya
Tripurantakaya Trikagni Kalaya Kalagnirudraya Nilakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya
Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shrimanmahadevaya Namah
Let my salutations be to that great God who is the Lord of the universe; the great God who has three eyes and who destroys Tripura, the three Asura cities.To that God who is the Dandhya time when the three sacred fires are lit; who is Rudra the fire that consumes the universe; whose throat is blue; who has conquered death; the Lord of all; the ever auspicious one; salutations to that glorious and great God